主题

好友

积分

管理员

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-5-11 14:28:31 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
以下译文仅限参考,如有异议欢迎指出。

Here's an excerpt from chapter 29 of my new book A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are:

If you have a problem with people or with the state of the world, I invite you to put your stressful thoughts on paper and question them, and to do it for the love of truth, not in order to save the world. Turn it around: save your own world. Isn’t that why you want to save the world in the first place? So that you can be happy? Well, skip the middleman, and be happy from here! You’re it. You’re the one. In this turnaround you remain active, but there’s no fear in it, no internal war. So it ceases to be war trying to teach peace. War can’t teach peace. Only peace can. 

节选自《喜悦无处不在:和谐生活的方式》第29章

如果你认为别人有问题,或者这个世界出现了问题,我请你把有压力的想法写在纸上,质疑它们,这样做是为了发现爱的真相,而不是为了拯救世界。反向思考:拯救你自己的世界。这便是你要拯救世界的首要原因,不是吗?因此你感到开心吗?是的,无需去解决别人的问题,快乐当下产生。你成为了快乐本身,你是一切。在这个反向思考中,你仍然保持着活跃的心态,但是没有了恐惧,没有了内心的战争。试图去教授和平的内心争斗停止了。战争无法教授和平。唯有和平可以。

I don’t try to change the world—not ever. The world changes by itself, and I’m a part of that change. I’m absolutely, totally, a lover of what is. When people ask me for help, I say yes. We inquire, and they begin to end their suffering, and in that they begin to end the suffering of the world.

我不用试图改变世界了——再也不用了。世界由它自身变化,我是其变化的一部分。我是百分之百的,完全彻底的现实的爱人。当人们向我寻求帮助,我说好的。我们一起审查,他们开始结束自身的苦难,在那当中,他们开始结束世界的苦难。

I stand in my own truth and don’t presume to know what’s best for the planet. Knowing that the world is perfect doesn’t mean that you withdraw or stop doing what you know is right for you to do. If, for example, you’re concerned about the environment, please give us all the facts. Do a whole study of it, go to graduate school if you have to, help us out here. And if you talk to us clearly, without an agenda or any investment in the results, we can hear you, because you’re on our level. You’re not talking to us from a superior, I-know position. If you know that we’re all equal, that we’re all doing the best we can, you can be the most powerful activist on the planet. 

我处在自己的真相里,不妄自知晓对这个星球的最佳方式。了解到世界是完美的并不意味着你退缩或者停止做对你而言正确的事情。比如说,如果你关注环境,请告诉我们所有的事实依据。做一个完整的研究,如果有必要,去研究生院学习,有效地帮助我们。如果你在和我们交谈时是清醒的,不是有计划的或者花费精力达到一种结果的话,我们会倾听你的谈话,因为你站在我们的角度。你不是以比我们强、我知道的角度和我们谈话的。如果你知道我们都是平等的,我们都在尽力而为,你就能够成为地球上最有影响力的、最积极活跃的人。

Love is the power. I know only one way to be an activist who can really penetrate the human race, and that is to give the facts, to tell your experience honestly, and to love without condition. You can’t convince the world of anything, even if it’s for the world’s own good, because eventually your righteousness will be seen through, and then you’re on a stage debating a corporate polluter, and you start pointing your finger in outrage. That’s what you’ve been hiding when you believe “I know what’s best for the planet.” 

爱就是力量。我了解到成为一个积极的人的唯一方式就是深刻了解人类,从而实事求是,如实地讲述你的经验,无条件地去爱。你无法让这个世界信服任何事情,即便是真的对世界有益。你的正义最终会被识破,那时你站在台上对企业造成的污染展开辩论,愤怒地把矛头指向对方。这就是在你心里一直潜藏的信念“我知道什么对这个地球最好。”

When you attack a corporate official for destroying the atmosphere, however valid your information, do you think that he’ll be open to what you’re saying? You’re threatening him with your attitude, and the facts can get lost, because you’re coming from fear and righteous anger. All he'll hear is that you think he’s doing it wrong, it’s his fault, and he'll go into denial and resistance. But if you speak to him without stress, in total confidence that everything is just the way it should be in this very moment, you’re able to express yourself kindly, effectively, and with no fear about the future.

当你攻击一个企业破坏了大气层,即使你证据确凿,你认为他会开放地听你说什么吗?你在用你的态度威胁他,这时候事实被掩盖了,因为你表现得恐惧,义愤填膺。他听到的全是你认为他做得不对,是他的过错,这样的话他会拒绝接受,内心抗拒。但是如果你对他讲话的时候不施压,以一种完全信任的态度向他表明此时此刻你是在就事论事,你就不会对未来产生恐惧心理,从而能够友善、有效地表达自己的观点。

5.jpg (76.84 KB, 下载次数: 665)

5.jpg

分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
回复

使用道具 举报

热门图片
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

手机版|Archiver| 中国凯蒂功课服务组     

( 沪ICP备11010565号-37 )

回顶部